For our client we are searching a Senior Engineer Application Software specialized within the powertrain area with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
As Senior Engineer Powertrain you are responsible for a sub-domain in the powertrain area within the department Application Software, part of Embedded Engineering Department.
The powertrain functional area comprises functions which control engine functionalities, such as air management, fuel management and torque/speed control of the engine.
Supporting functionalities like input/output processing of sensor and actuators, engine brake, idle control, thermal management etc. are part of the shared work package as well. Based on your experience you will be responsible for one of the sub-domains.
- Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within a functional sub-domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area;
- Create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You will support the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation;
- Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the technical requirement documents;
- Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
- As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain, in agreement with the functional lead engineer.
As Senior Engineer Powertrain you are part of an agile software development team, that will also develop application software functions according input requirements. In your role you’re responsible to add the functional knowledge to the team.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group and functionally to the System Owner Application Software.