Are you passionate about developing web applications and do you have a solid understanding of Java and Azure?
For our client Vanderlande in Veghel, we are looking for a freelance Backend Java Engineer.
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Platform team!
We are seeking an experienced Java Developer with proficiency in Azure technologies to join our team in the development and enhancement of the MyVanderlande Customer Web Portal. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Java, along with expertise in Azure services, including but not limited to Azure Kubernetes, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Search, Azure Enterprise Service Bus, and Azure Functions. In addition, the candidate should be well-versed in software development principles.
- Design, develop, and maintain the customer web portal using Java, C# for legacy.
- Ensure that the developed software meets high quality standards by implementing unit, component, and integration tests.
- Integrate the portal with various Azure services, including Azure Kubernetes, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Search, Azure Enterprise Service Bus, and Azure Functions.
- Develop and maintain OpenAPI using MS WebApi to provide an API for the portal.
- Design and implement a microservice architecture using Docker and Azure Kubernetes.
- Develop and maintain the portal's database using Java and its ecosystem, and Azure CosmosDB.
- Implement authentication and authorization using Keycloak IDP.
- Implement messaging using Kafka.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) using Azure Bicep.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to ensure the portal is correctly deployed and maintained.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers.
- Use Jira to track and manage development tasks and project progress.
- Experience with Java is een must, C# is a pre.
- Azure cloud experience and FrameWorks experience
- Looking for someone with seniority who can also mentor other developers.
- Proficiency in English is a must.